Tom Waits

I'm sure I'll be posting a lot of Tom Waits's stuff around here since he's one of my favorite artists, so why not start now, eh? His stuff is definitely an acquired taste, but once acquired it is addictive as hell. I've always thought of him as the musical incarnation of Charles Bukowski and consider him to be part of trinity - the other two members being Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen. His newest album Orphans is a 3-cd set containing all the songs that didn't fit on other albums. For someone looking to get into Waits, it isn't the place to start, for those of us who already are hooked - it is a goldmine!

Anyway, I'm going to share a video of one of his more "accessible" and in my opinion "pretty" songs:



For some free mp3s from the new album, you can get them from Epitaph's site here: Link.

No comments:

Post a Comment