My favorite punk album of all time.

Bad Religion - Suffer I first bought this album on cassette at MainPlace mall in Santa Ana probably around 1989. I wore that tape out. Over the years I've gotten bored of a lot of the old punk stuff I used to listen to, I guess I'm not as angry as I was as a teenager. That being said, Bad Religion has been the one band I always go back to when I'm in need of a fix. I am not a full-on die hard fan though - the last album I bought by them was probably Recipe for Hate (on vinyl no less). However, I am not one of those music/punk elitists who call Bad Religion sell-outs and all that crap. Bad Religion is one of those bands who paid their dues, and then some, and who can write a damn good song with intelligent lyrics to boot. To top it off, they sound great live - something a majority of punk bands can't say. So anyway, here's a live MP3 of one of my favorite Bad Religion songs - Give You Nothing.

4 comments:

  1. I have to politely disagree. Best album by Bad Religion has to be 'Against the Grain.' For me, it was the perfect mix of punk rock and slick production. The songs are cleaner, the lyrics more worldly and it just seemed more accessible. Even being punk rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say you're wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Kill the Musicians by Screeching Weasel is the best punk album ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Searched so long for this piece, thx a lot. Would be nice to be linked.
    Greetz
    Steak´N´Butter

    ReplyDelete