Reunions suck.

I'm sick of bands reuniting and everybody making a huge deal out of it. The Pixies got back together and people were wetting themselves left and right. Ebay has tickets for The Police at Madison Square Garden starting around $300 and all the way up to $2000!!! As I posted earlier - The Pogues at the House of Blues is going to run you $100 a ticket. Rage Against the Machine, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Balls' favorite Van Halen, and a ton of other bands have all gotten back together to enthrall us as only middle-aged (or older) rockers can.

Now don't get me wrong, some of them are good bands, some of them aren't, but they also were in their prime YEARS ago and haven't put out anything worthwhile since the other Bush was president. If they had anything creative left, they wouldn't have broken up in the first place. Why the hell would people get so excited and pay so much money to see bands that have nothing new to offer and are obviously just cashing in on their former fame? Why not check out somebody new instead, that way when that band reunits 20 years from now you can be cool and say you saw them back before they were big.

Anyway, you have to give credit to bands like The Smiths, The Clash (before Joe Strummer died obviously), and others who didn't sell out. But then again, I guess if I was able to make a shitload of money off of gullible people looking to revisit their youth, I'd probably do it.

BTW - I saw the Pixies about 20 years ago with Jane's Addiction and Primus. I rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment