Great Lake Swimmers


In my opinion, these guys are quite good. They are a 4-piece from Toronto, Canada. Don't let that dissuade you. I heard about these guys about a year ago from a co-worker. She gave me a cd of some of their songs and I lost it. I recently heard them again on Sirius and then legally purchased all of their Mp3s. They've been signed to Nettwerk. Haven't heard about Nettwerk in some time, but I remember they had Skinny Puppy and Guster. The new record from Great Lake Swimmers is entitled Ongiara. You might like if you're into Neil Young (ballads), My Morning Jacket, Iron and Wine.

Great Lake Swimmers (song samples on MySpace)

Not you're cup of tea? Check out a new punk band from England call Gallows. They are now on Epitaph, so you can check them out here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Looking for a great new artist? Check out Kyrie. She has an incredible voice and a great knack for finding the perfect lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYMmNWMjWA

    ReplyDelete