New Album from The War on Drugs

When I first heard "Slave Ambient" by The War on Drugs, it blew me away. You'd be hard pressed to categorize it under any one genre. So you can imagine how excited I am now that the new album, "Lost in the Dream" is out. The initial reviews are overwhelmingly positive (Pitchfork, Aquarium Drunkard, and the A.V. Club are all raving about it) and rather than repeat what they've already said, I'll just agree with them wholeheartedly. But I will add that these guys are capable of making an album the way an album should be made. It all flows together and the whole is definitely bigger than the sum of the parts. The mood, landscape, feel, or whatever you want to call it that they create is completely unique. My favorite track so far is "Eyes to the Wind" but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

You can check download the track "Red Eyes" and check out the video for it below:

No comments:

Post a Comment